Recent Posts

Wednesday 26 September 2012

Two Ways


core intact, sun-bleached
white and pearly
a circle grown on a shell
spinning life into beauty

shale from the river, pearl from the sea
I hold a broken arrow and a piece of shell–see?
carved by time and water’s rhythm’s flowing
two symbols of extremes their truth showing

lessons teaching design and destiny
ebbing out of history, floating up to me
the shell of opaque lustre glows in the light
the arrow’s jagged edges honed for piercing flight

one magnificent home-creation
one cutting tool of death
singing song of the oceans
stealing enemy’s last breath

a broken arrow falling
cut from stone for cutting well
hearts of those still ignorant
to fear’s narcoleptic spell

two sides of the same coin (my face)
showing my love and my fear
two means of living opposite
two ways to be: Cordelia or Lear

~e

0 comments:

Post a Comment