Recent Posts

Saturday 17 August 2013

And Small Birds Sing
























the house stirs
doors are shut
sun beams in
i am awake

indian music
plays softly
from the kitchen
wafting like spices

poems hung
on the walls
abstract art
everywhere

the mistress’
little touches
throughout
but she’s not here

downstair neighbours
come and go
their numbers grow
vagrants wander

and in my rooms
my pictures hung
an uncle’s lamp
lights waiting laundry

my bonsai grows
new green buds
i pull off everyone
like horsefly wings

in a corner
my mac shines
its calling light
reminds me to write

while wet towels hang
slowly drying
on the back of the door
beside my robe

the sporadic smell
of mary jane
lingers round
stirring memories

lock the door
and start walking
today i climb the hill
ignored too long

the first step
always the hardest
a hurdle leapt
and small birds sing

~e

0 comments:

Post a Comment